VISTA Innovation and Technology Day is a full-day event that brings industry professionals and university researchers in the area of vision sciences together. The event comprises of Industry and Academic keynote lectures, four panel discussions, an industry showcase and research showcase. The panelists will discuss the industry challenges and latest technology trends on the four topics of “Video & Image Processing”, “Human Computer Interaction”, “Robotics” and “Clinical Applications”.
- 8:00-9:00 Registration, Booth Setup and Breakfast
- 9:00-9:15 Welcome
- 9:15-9:45 Industry keynote speaker
- Roy C Anthony (VP at Ventuz): "Designing the future : Inspiration for tech innovation"
- 9:45-10:30 Panel - Human-Computer Interaction
- Moderator: Laurie Wilcox (York University)
- Panelists: Melanie Baljko (York University), Jennifer Campos (Toronto Rehabilitation Institute), Michael Wood (Synaptive Medical), Mackenzie Glaholt (Defence Research and Development Canada)
- 10:30-11:15 Research Showcase
- 11:15-12:00 Panel – Clinical Applications
- Moderator: Jonathan Suckling (Center for Aging and Brain Health Innovation)
- Panelists: Lauren Sergio (York University), Natasha Kovacevic (xSensa Labs), Eliav Shaked (RetiSpec), Babak Taati (Toronto Rehabilitation Institute)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-13:30 Academic keynote speaker
- Sven Dickinson (Professor at University of Toronto): "The Role of Symmetry in Human and Computer Vision"
- 13:30- 14:15 Panel - Video & Image Processing
- Moderator: Richard Wildes (York University),
- Panelists: Kosta Derpanis (Ryerson University), Wei Li (Huawei), Afsoon Soudi (IRYStec), Sion Jennings (NRC)
- 14:15- 15:15 Industry Showcase
- 15:15- 16:00 Panel - Robotics
- Moderator: Jeremy Chan-Hao Wang (The Sky Guys)
- Panelists: Michael Jenkin (York University), Piotr Jasiobedzki (MDA), Najah Ayadi (Bluewrist), Iraj Mantegh (NRC)
- 16:00- 17:00 Award Ceremony & Reception
With special thanks to our event sponsors: Qualcomm & Ontario Centres of Excellence