Peripheral Visions Speaker Series 2019
Public Talk - 3:00-4:30pm, January 16, 2019
Joseph G. Green Theatre, Centre for Film & Theatre, York University
Master Class - 11:00am-1:00pm, January 17, 2019 (registration required)
Sensorium Loft, 4th Floor of Goldfarb Centre for Fine Arts, York University
Georgina Kleege - Blind Self-Portraits: Remaking the Image of Blindness.
The first seminar in a series from the Peripheral Visions Lab and Sensorium at York University. The event is hosted by Critical Disability Studies and VISTA researcher Mary Bunch from the School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD).
VISTA Innovation Seminar Series
January 29, 2019
LAS 3033, Lassonde Building, York University
VISTA and Innovation York host a monthly seminar with guest speakers from industry. The series is designed to give advice on commercialization and creating a product, start-up or service.
International Conference on Predictive Vision 2019
June 10 - June 13, 2019
New Student Centre, York University
- Over 20 interdisciplinary presentations spanning behavioural, computational and neuroscience perspectives.
- Keynote speaker, Professor Jim DiCarlo (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- Trainee and researcher poster sessions.
- Satellite workshops including Predictive Vision Philosophy.
- Industry partners exhibition.
- Networking opportunities and final-day BBQ Banquet.
- Moving targets, moving sensors: eyes and cameras
- Concurrent predictions across streams and modalities
- Attention and recurrent processes
- Analyses of human actions and activities
- Visually guided control
- Scene dynamics