The mandate of VISTA is to advance visual science through research that spans computational and biological perspectives and results in real-world applications. To this end, the VISTA research grant programme focuses on funding that promotes interdisciplinarity (i.e. a biological and computational focus) and an engagement with VISTA partners, both established and new.
Funding Available and Conditions of Funding
- A minimum of 3 awards are available for a total of $50,000 each.
- Only VISTA core members may be Principal Investigators.
- The duration of each grant is a maximum of 2 years. Investigators may apply for one year of funding with the potential to reapply for a second year.
- Funds are not to be used as bridging funds for existing grants and may not replicate existing funding. The purpose of the grant is to provide an opportunity to secure new and/or greater sources of funding, or perhaps move in a different direction.
- The project must be in collaboration with an external partner (academic, public or private sector) and must involve at least 2 VISTA Core/Associate members.
- All manuscripts arising from the projects must be submitted to Innovation York at email@example.com for Intellectual Property (IP) review prior to final publication.
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 5 pm (EST), July 31, 2017. Please refer to the proposal guidelines for further details on submission requirements.
Please submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org