VISTA Innovation Seminar Series
12:00-1:00pm, March 19, 2019
3303, Lassonde Building, York University
VISTA and Innovation York host a monthly seminar with guest speakers from industry. The series is designed to give advice on commercialization and creating a product, start-up or service.
Peripheral Visions Speaker Series 2019
11:00am-1:00pm, March 21, 2019
Sensorium Loft, 4th Floor, Goldfarb Centre for Fine Arts, York University
Crip Technoscience for Disabled Cyborgs: Access, Community, Politics
The 4th seminar in a series from the Peripheral Visions Lab and Sensorium at York University. The event is hosted by Critical Disability Studies and VISTA researcher Mary Bunch from the School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD).
International Conference on Predictive Vision 2019
June 10 - June 13, 2019
New Student Centre, York University
- Over 20 interdisciplinary presentations spanning behavioural, computational and neuroscience perspectives.
- Keynote speaker, Professor Jim DiCarlo (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- Trainee and researcher poster sessions.
- Satellite workshops including Predictive Vision Philosophy.
- Industry partners exhibition.
- Networking opportunities and final-day BBQ Banquet.
- Moving targets, moving sensors: eyes and cameras
- Concurrent predictions across streams and modalities
- Attention and recurrent processes
- Analyses of human actions and activities
- Visually guided control
- Scene dynamics