Incoming Visitors to York University
Visiting Scholars and Trainees are expected to have a record of outstanding scholarship in vision science. Applications will be approved based on:
- Caliber of the proposed scholar/trainee.
- Fit of the proposed research with the VISTA mandate.
- Sponsorship by a Core/associate VISTA member.
- Duration of visit.
- Availability of VISTA funds.
- Funding availability for costs outside of the VISTA award.
- Availability of office space and appropriate research infrastructure.
- Visiting Research Scholars/Trainees will undertake outstanding and innovative research in vision science at the intersection of biological and computational vision in collaboration with York VISTA Core/associate researchers.
- The VISTA Visiting Scholar/Trainee will give a public talk at York University, suitable to an interdisciplinary audience, on some aspect of her or his current vision research; the event is to be organized by the VISTA Partnership Committee.
- The Scholar/Trainee will regularly attend CVR seminars and scientific meetings that occur during their visit.
- CFREF and York University support will be acknowledged in any subsequent publication of the research, and a copy of the publication provided to VISTA.
- Scholars/Trainees will submit a final report and submit to the Program Director within 3 months following the visit.
- Completion of the application form, budget spreadsheet and other application components.
- A York Core/associate VISTA member must be designated as primary host for the Scholar/Trainee.
Submit the following application components to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Visiting Scholar/Trainee CV
- Letter of support from Core/associate host VISTA member
- For trainees, a letter of support from the supervisor
- One page project proposal
- Completed application form
- Completed budget spreadsheet
- Voluntary self-identification survey