Outgoing Visitors to Partner Institutions
- Host/partner institute and lab are expected to have a record of outstanding scholarship in vision science.
- Scholars and Trainees are connected to OR are a VISTA Core/associate Member.
- Applications will be approved based on:
- Fit of the proposed research with the VISTA mandate.
- Sponsorship by a VISTA partner.
- Duration of visit.
- Availability of VISTA funds.
- Availability of funding to cover additional costs of the visit.
- Availability of office space and appropriate research infrastructure.
- Valid passport and ability to travel to proposed destination.
- Visiting Research Scholars/Trainees will undertake outstanding and innovative research in vision science at the intersection of biological and computational vision in collaboration with Canadian and International VISTA academic partners;
- The Scholar/Trainee will give a public talk during the CVR seminar series, suitable to an interdisciplinary audience, on the work conducted during the visit; the event is to be organized by the VISTA Partnership Committee;
- CFREF and York University support will be acknowledged in any subsequent publication of the research, and a copy of the publication provided to VISTA;
- Scholars/Trainees will submit a final report and submit to the Program Director within 3 months following the visit.
- Completion of the application form, budget spreadsheet and other application components.
- A VISTA academic partner or potential partner must be designated as primary host for the Scholar/Trainee.
Submit the following application components to email@example.com:
- Visiting Scholar/Trainee CV
- Letter of support from host with a summary of institutional and lab activities related to vision research
- For trainees, a letter of support from the supervisor
- One page project proposal
- Completed application form
- Budget spreadsheet
- Voluntary self-identification survey